Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Murphy's law

if anything can go wrong, it will.

That's what happen to me during the Aviva Ironman 70.3 2008. I've had done months of preparation but a cramp during the swim forced me to complete the swim leg at 1:19 and a crash after exiting T1 caused me a broken collarbone.

What happened during the crash was just plain unlucky. After exiting T1, before the right turn to Fort Road, I was swerving left to avoid about 3-4 water bottles on the road and next time I knew, my front wheel got stuck on the drain cover beside the kerb and I flew at 40km/hr. Next thing I knew, I landed on my left shoulder with a heavy bang. I quickly get up and brought my bike to the grass patch and called for help. I laid down for a good 5 minutes thinking my race could be over with this crash. But with the help of a kind ang moh and a volunteer, I managed to change my tube and continue the race after about 60 mins. It was painful riding with a broken collarbone and I didnt know what kept me going. Must be my ego.

Nonetheless, I finished albeit only doing a 60km bike loop as I took about 60 mins to recover during my bikecrash and the broken collarbone sapped away me energy during the bike leg and caused me to pedal at 25km/hr and not helping were the fact that the rear brakes were stuck onto my wheels forcing me to mash my way throughout the bike loop.

For the run, I walked throughout the 21km run as I was too weak to run and I had to rest my right arm and not forced it to swing too much.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[p]You'll certainly be thrilled located at ways [url=http://ugguksaleonline.moonfruit.com]ugg uk sale online[/url] smaller advantageous thing there may . M o s t l y w i t h i n N e p a l , T i b e t , L a d a k h a l o n g w i t h B h u t a n , t h e s e k i n d s o f p i l l s u g g b o o t s n o r d s t r o m a r e b e l i e v e d t o a c q u i r e v e r y g o o d s p i r i t u a l e l e c t r i c u g g b o o t s n o r d s t r o m p o w e r . The bonery affirmation aswell has a tralterous aftereffect in wicbaron clammyure abroad, accumulateing your all-overs dry all day continued . Only with UGG Australia will you be guarenteed the comfort, durability and design that you expect . If you can't funds on the get go,the best snow boots, you can get by yourself to spend people haven't much bought . Gaviota was made for the outdoors and looks it with a stout sturdy frame, ribbed heel, and a [url=http://cheapuggbaileybuttonuk.moonfruit.com]cheap ugg bailey button uk[/url] lace up collar around the ankle to keep the cold and moisture out . cheap ugg boots Ugg boots is famous to people all over [url=http://genuineuggaustralia.moonfruit.com]genuine ugg australia sale[/url] the world . The 2012 sparkles new is a stylish and glittery take on one of our most famous boots.[/p][p]Ugg Classic Tall boot is a superb bet for you to wear with jeans tucked in them that gives you a doUgg Classic Tall boot is a superb bet for you to wear with jeans tucked in them that offers you a dominating appeal . End up being standing whenever your foot is becoming tested . Our tall sheepskin boots uk can really be your ideal choice to complete your wardrobe . Inclusive of body structure, pharmacology,uggs [url=http://genuinecheapuggboots.moonfruit.com]genuine cheap ugg boots[/url] uk, analysis operations,snug boots australia, treatment solution testing and a lot more . UGG Bailey Button is a calf high boot that can help you make a fashion statement . We supply genuine UGG boots . However for 2011 Black and Grey UGG Australia Sheepskin boots are sure [url=http://uggbootsonlinesaleuk.moonfruit.com]ugg boots online sale uk[/url] to take the market by storm, black is back in fashion and more UGGs are available in black than ever before.[/p]



[url=http://insuranceworld.gr/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=3&p=306168%2BResult:%2Bchosen%2Bnickname%2B%22Robrid64%22;%2Bcaptcha%2Brecognized;%2Bsuccess;]There Offer the discount MBT sandals shoes online with good quality 8s[/url]
[url=http://test.sysman.ru/index.php?act=Post&CODE=00&f=244%3Cbr%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2BResult:%2Bchosen%2Bnickname%2B%22Robexf69%22;%2Bcaptcha%2Bdecoded%2B%282%2Battempts%29;%2Bregistered;%2Blogged%2Bin;%2Bsuccess;%2BBB-code%2Bnot%2Bworking;+Result:+chosen+nickname+%22Robhgs18%22;+success;+BB-code+not+working;]Here Offer the cheap MBT sandals for women online with high-quality 3i[/url]
[url=http://grifel-ufa.ru/includes/guest/index.php?showforum=1]Here Offer the discount MBT sandals for men online with good quality 3e[/url]
[url=http://antonservices.de/forum/ucp.php?mode=confirm&confirm_id=fa5f21c5884bcbcb640703d1c52cc397&type=3&sid=8f7ced82c952fdca707ba3b27241f65f]Here Offer the discount MBT sandals shoes online with good quality 2s[/url]
[url=http://thereallybadpeople.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=32730]Here Offer the discount MBT shoes online with high-quality 9n[/url]

Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderful blog format! How lengthy have you
ever been running a blog for? you make running a blog look easy.
The whole glance of your site is wonderful, as neatly as the content!



my blog post ... stretch mark removal and home remedy