Monday, February 27, 2006

How much cig is gonna cost me.

Well, guess that I gotta blog for my quit smoking agenda. I intend to stay smoke free forever.

Actually, I have always wanted to quit smoking. I didnt really enjoy smoking, but I guess it has become more of a habit. I smoke about 8-10 sticks a day and let's do some sums. Assuming ciggie price never goes up in the next 10 years and this is just a sum of the cost of cigaratte alone. Not counting the cost that goes into lighters, ashtray, dental appointments for those yellowish teeth, extra teeth-whitening toothpaste etc.

So here goes,
At S$11.00 a pack and 8 cigarettes a day, you're spending a total of S$1,606.00 a year on smoking. Over ten years that works out as S$16,060.00.

My cost of smoking is $1,600 a year. That's like spending money on an airticket to New York yearly. Wow, let's see how much interest this will earn me with fixed deposit of 2.5%PA.

This sum alone will earn me $401.5 interest PA. This sum has not been compounded yet. Man, I sure can do my sums.

No comments: