Saturday, March 01, 2008

New events


Since I didn't managed to pass the swim trial and didnt compete in the Singapore Biathlon owing to not enough time for swimming or just plain lazy, I have new goals.

For my bike, I have improved and I can time-trial 120km with an average speed of 30km/hr. My bike timings are quite good, however I have been slacking in my run and swim.

For this 2nd quarter, I will focused more on swimming and running as I have some unfinished business to do. That is run a sub 4 hour marathon and complete a sprint triathlon for me to gain entry to compete in an Ironman event.

First is the Singapore Sundown Marathon. I checked my schedule and this didnt conflict with my degree project deadline. So off I go for my third marathon.

And I signed up for a Sprint Triathlon too which is a 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run. Objective of this is to get familiar with open water swim and complete it.

So here goes, a marathon in sub 4 and complete a Sprint triathlon.

I have came up with a training program with 2 swims, 2 bike and 2 runs each week with Monday a rest day. I will stick to this plan and I am sure I can do a sub 4 marathon and improve on my swim timing.

No comments: